GAHA Youth of the Year Award
Award/Program established in 2020
- Similar to AHA's Youth award: Honors one outstanding youth member who exemplifies character and dedication to excellence in his or her community achievements, as well as contributions to the Arabian horse and to the club.
- Encourage youth involvement with the Arabian Horse locally (Georgia and Region 12)
- Encourage youth to promote their love of and passion for the Arabian Horse locally (Georgia and Region 12)
- Encourage youth participation within the club and Region 12
- Applicant must be 18-years-old or under
- Must be a current GAHA member in good standing (can be GAHA-only member).
- 2-4 letters of recommendations from current GAHA members in good standing. Additional letters are welcomed/encouraged from others. Please be certain to designate which letters are from GAHA/AHA members and include their AHA number.
- 25+ community service hours with or for GAHA/AHA or volunteer work at an Arabian Horse focused non-profit (please include 501(c)(3) number). Please provide a detailed breakdown of your volunteer hours and which organization you donated your volunteer hours to.
- Submit biography on youth applicant with parent/guardian's approval noted (applicant must be 18-years-old or under). Bio should include parent/guardian's contact information as well as youth applicant's volunteer history, Arabian Horse involvement, any specific involvement with GAHA or AHA, reasons why applicant would like to receive this award, and/or how the award money would be utilized (specific goals, etc.). Minimum 10 sentences for biography, explaining volunteer efforts, service work and goals.
- Minimum 2 photos to show what youth has done and high quality enough to use to celebrate winner on website, newsletter, social media, etc. Maximum one page of photos. We will need JPG/PNG copies if you are selected as the winner.
- If prize money is used for training or show purposes, youth or guardian must agree to write one page and/or give verbal report on the awarded youth's training or show experience the following year (2021) to share how they benefited or what they learned.
- Maximum 10 pages of information may be submitted total per applicant
- $200 scholarship towards ONE of the following to be used within the following year (2021).:
AHA REGION 12 YOUTH JAMBOREE IN JULY
AHA RATED/RECOGNIZED SHOW, CTR, ENDURANCE RIDE IN REGION 12
AHA REGION 12 CHAMPIONSHIP ENDURANCE 25/50/IR
AHA REGION 12 CHAMPIONSHIPS IN MAY
Training grant for training with a trainer or clinic
In your application you must include what you will use the scholarship money for. Please note the GAHA Board of Directors has the right to ask for additional clarification of goals and what the scholarship money is to be used for if it is not clear in application.
Deadline to submit nomination is November 6th to