Are you passionate about the Arabian horse? Do you know an individual that wants to get involved with horses in Georgia, but doesn't know how? Do you want to make an impact on bringing together Arabian horse lovers in Georgia and the southeast? Do you want to share your love for the Arabian breed? Want to contribute to your local equestrian community AND meet fellow equestrians?
We would LOVE to have your participation as a volunteer...even if you don't own a horse! Please contact us at email@example.com if you would like to get more hands on behind the scenes virtually or in person at our events or activities!
There is a volunteer award at the end of the year presented by the GAHA President!
We have 7 committees and would like to have 4-6 members per committee to help divide responsibilities. Not interested in being on a committee but want to help with certain events? Just let us know!
All committees report to Board each month, 2nd Wednesday at noon of the month. Committee Head or if committee head is unable to attend conference other committee member to report during meeting or send summary before meeting agenda is sent out.
- Youth Committee: Helps get our youth membership and youth community involved in the Arabian horse through events, contests, helping them sign up for our High Point Program and Frequent Rider Program, and making sure they are aware of scholarship opportunities through Region 12 and AHA. Supports the Region 12 Youth Jamboree Program. Keeps membership and board members updates on Arabian Horse deadlines that involved youth events such as scholarships, horse judging contests, etc. Works closely with Communication and Membership committee. Reaches out to local Girl Scouts, saddle clubs, 4H clubs, FFA clubs about our programs available for youth and upcoming youth events. Helps gather material for Youth Features and end of the year youth slide show. If a GAHA Youth has accomplished something well known help Communication committee get Youth submitted in publications and in AHA material.
2019 Members: Angel Johns, Deanna Kaminski
- Public Relations/Communication Committee: Runs Facebook, Instagram, website and creates monthly newsletter. Creates flyers and material for GAHA programs and events. Reaches out to publications, newspapers, magazines, news stations about upcoming events. Other committees keep in contact with this committee to make sure important deadlines are announced on social media and website in a timely manner. See GAHA Marketing/Communication plan. 2019 Members: Jessica Gilker, Nancy Smith, Mary Kate Allen, Megan Gilker
-Trail Ride/Frequent Rider Committee: Helps plan 1-2 GAHA trail rides a year. (Sign ups, organizes lunchtime speaker(s), collects waivers, etc.) Supports GAHA Frequent Rider Program and helps spread the word about this new program. Helps come up with awards for top GAHA Frequent Rider high hour winners. Works closely with Communication Committee and Event Committee. Helps endurance and competitive trail riders sign up for our High Point program.
FREQUENT RIDER: Angel Johns
TRAIL RIDE EAST: Missy Snyder
TRAIL RIDE WEST: Adrienne Briant
- Event/Clinic Committee: Helps to organize events, plan schedules, gather needed material for events, etc. Reaches out to different organizations (Girl Scouts, Boy Scouts, lesson programs, saddle clubs, Women's clubs, etc) in the area to personally invite them to GAHA events. Works closely with Communication Committee. Make sure Communication Committee has all updated information regarding events in order to create proper flyers and images for events in a timely manner (preferably minimum 3 months out from event). These are behind the scenes or day-of volunteers for events.
2019 Members: Pagan Gilman, Missy Synder, Adrienne Briant, Jessica Gilker, Megan Gilker, Kathy Gilker, Connie Green, Kathy Hedgepeth, & countless amounts of event day of volunteers!
- Sponsorship Committee: Helps invite businesses, farms, etc. to become GAHA Sponsors and know our different options for sponsorships. Helps gather raffle or silent auctions for events. Makes sure our Sponsors are updated about upcoming events if they want to send us marketing material to put out depending on their level of sponsorship. Make sure Communication Committee is updated with information of new sponsorships so we can properly thank and promote them depending on their sponsorship level.
2019 Committee Head: Kathy Hedgepeth Committee Members:
- Membership Committee: Follows up with members who's Membership is expiring, answers questions on how to sign up, sends each new member a "Thank you for Joining" or "Thank you for renewing" letter. Works closely with Communication and Event committee to help keep our membership updated on GAHA events, GAHA programs, and GAHA/AHA deadlines. Asks membership to submit videos, photos, stories, show results with their Arabian and Half Arabian horses. Asks membership to submit bio and photos for #MemberMonday and Youth Member of the Month on our social media.
2019 Committee Members: Ashley Doyal, Serena Doyal, Kathy Hedgepeth
- High Point Committee: Helps educate members and possible members on end of the year awards program. Helps promote this program and lets farms, lesson programs, etc. know about program. Helps put together awards and awards ceremony for annual January luncheon & award presentation.
2019 Committee Head: Connie Green Committee Members: